When you have a dog, you want to make sure that you are feeding them the best food possible. This means finding food that has the right nutrient levels and is low in copper. Luckily, there are several brands of food that fit these criteria.
In this blog post, we will share with you some of the best low copper dog foods on the market. We will also provide you with information on what copper does for dogs and how to ensure that your dog’s diet is copper-low. So, whether you are looking for new food for your dog or just wanting to learn more about this nutrient, read on!
Our Top Picks in 2022
TOP 5 Best Reviewed Low Copper Dog Food Brands in 2022
1. ZIWI Peak Air-Dried Dog Food
Introducing ZIWI Peak Air-Dried Dog Food, the perfect high protein, nutrient-dense diet for picky dogs. The authentically formulated whole-prey ratios feature 96% free-range beef, organs, bone, and New Zealand green mussels, providing peak nutrition and irresistible taste.
Plus, the grain-free recipe is low in carbs and free from cheap fillers like grain, potato, or peas which can be linked to obesity, food allergies, and other health concerns. And to give your pup an extra nutritional boost we’ve added 10% superfoods including cold-washed green tripe, New Zealand green mussels, and organic kelp.
- Authentic whole-prey ratios, featuring 96% free-range Beef, Organs, Bone, and New Zealand Green Mussels
- No cheap fillers such as grain, potato or peas
- 10% superfood boost: Cold-washed Green Tripe, New Zealand Green Mussels, and Organic Kelp
- High protein, nutrient-dense
- Farmed without added hormones, antibiotics, or growth promotants
- Grain-free, low carb
- Quite expensive
2. Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Sensitive Stomach Dog Food
Does your dog have a sensitive stomach? Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Sensitive Stomach Dog Food can help. With oatmeal that’s easily digestible and gentle on the digestive system, this high-protein formula is perfect for dogs with sensitivities.
Plus, it’s fortified with guaranteed live probiotics for digestive and immune health. Give your dog the nutrition he needs to thrive with Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Skin and Sensitive Stomach Dog Food.
- Oat meal is easily digestible and gentle on the digestive system
- Fortified with guaranteed live probiotics for digestive and immune health
- Used to be known as FOCUS Sensitive Skin and Stomach Lamb and Oat Meal Formula
- High protein formula
- Real lamb is the first ingredient
- Balanced on proteins and fats.
- Slightly expensive
3. VetriScience Laboratories Liver Support Formula for Dogs
Looking to support your dog’s liver health? VetriScience Laboratories has you covered with their Liver Support Formula for dogs. This formula is designed to help support both phase 1 and 2 liver detoxification pathways and contains 15 unique ingredients to support overall liver health and normal detoxification function.
Plus, it comes in a delicious chicken liver flavor that your pet will love (and won’t even realize they’re taking medicine)! Made in the USA by animal health experts with over 45 years of experience, you can trust that this product will give your furry friend the support they need.
- Support phase 1 and phase 2 liver detoxification pathways
- 15 unique ingredients to support Liver health and Normal detoxification function
- A delicious naturally flavored chicken Liver chew
- Used by veterinarians to support Liver health
- Convenient bite-size
- Excellent antioxidant action
- Can’t be used as a kibble
4. Hill’s Prescription Diet l/d Liver Care Canned Dog Food
Hill’s Prescription Diet l/d Liver Care Canned Dog Food is a delicious, nutritious way to help protect your dog’s liver health. Our special formula is fortified with L-carnitine and L-arginine to help maintain normal fat metabolism in the liver, plus zinc and low copper levels to keep your pup’s liver healthy.
With moderate levels of high-quality protein, this food helps reduce the workload on your dog’s liver.
- Specially formulated by Hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians to support your dog’s liver health
- Moderate levels of high-quality protein help reduce liver workload
- An appropriate level of zinc and low copper help maintain liver health
- Attractive taste
- Formulated to help protect vital liver function
- High L-carnitine & L-arginine levels helps maintain normal fat metabolism in the liver
- Slightly expensive
- May appear a bit too dry for some dogs
5. Halo Vegan Adult Dry Dog Food
Looking for delicious and nutritious dry dog food that’s also vegan? Look no further than Halo Vegan Adult Dry Dog Food! Made with a completely plant-based recipe, this food is packed with protein and nutrients that are essential for your adult dog’s health.
Plus, it’s made in the USA with sustainable ingredients sourced from US farms. So you can feel good about feeding your furry friend Halo Vegan Adult Dry Dog Food knowing that it’s healthy for them and humanely produced.
- Use ingredients like chickpeas, green peas, and wholesome grains, as well as added taurine for heart health
- Nutritionally balanced vegan recipe
- Sustainably sourced, made in the USA
- Made with a completely plant-based recipe
- Have a crunchy texture with a taste that dogs love
- Vegan food may not be suitable for all specialized diets
Buying Guide for The Best Low Copper Dog Food Brands
When it comes to finding the best low copper dog food brands, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. First, it’s important to understand that not all commercial dog foods are created equal. In fact, many popular brands use ingredients that can actually be harmful to your dog’s health.
That’s why it’s important to do your research before settling on a particular brand. The best way to start is by reading the labels on the food packages. Look for brands that use high-quality ingredients and avoid those that contain corn, wheat, or soy.
2. Low Copper Content
Another thing to look for is a low copper content. Many dog foods contain high levels of copper, which can be harmful to your pet. So, when shopping for low copper dog food, make sure to read the labels carefully.
There are a number of great brands on the market that meet all of these criteria. Some of our favorites include Wellness, Orijen, and Blue Buffalo. These brands use only high-quality ingredients and have a low copper content.
3. Dog’s Needs
When it comes to feeding your dog, you’ll want to choose a food that meets his or her specific needs. For example, if your dog is a picky eater, you may want to consider food that’s designed for finicky eaters. On the other hand, if your dog has allergies, you’ll want to look for a food that’s free of common allergens, such as wheat and soy.
The best way to find the right food for your dog is to talk to your veterinarian. He or she can help you find food that meets your dog’s specific needs and helps keep him or her healthy and happy. So, don’t hesitate to ask for advice when it comes to choosing the best food for your pet.
Copper is an essential mineral for dogs and a lack of it can cause health problems. Dogs need a diet that is rich in copper to ensure they get the right amount of this important nutrient. The best low copper dog food brands provide all the copper your dog needs without loading them up on unnecessary ingredients. When choosing a food for your pup, be sure to look for one that has a low copper content to keep their health top priority.
Last update on 2022-12-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API